Saturday, August 3, 2013

Book to Movie Mania: City of Bones Chapters 6 and 7

Gear up, Shadowhunters! The City of Bones Read-A-Thon continues today with chapters 6 and 7.

Chapter 6: Forsaken
Chapter 7: The Five-Dimensional Door

Discussion Questions: 
Shadowhunters! Here are some questions you all can answer in the comments. Obviously, you don't have to answer all the questions, it's just up for discussion! Have fun and Happy Book to Movie Mania!

1. What do you think of Alec's attitude toward Clary? Why do you think he's so hostile to her?

Beans' Thoughts:

I think that Alec's attitude toward Clary is peculiar and a little annoying. I mean, he just met Clary and right away he gives her dirty looks and just treats her like dirt. It could be from the fact that maybe he holds some hostility toward mundanes or he's jealous that a mundie like her killed a Ravener Demon but still. Like, WTF? I'm answering all of this in a first reader's perspective. Obviously, since I already read the book, we all know Alec's hostily toward Clary stems from jealously because he's in love with Jace and Jace shows an interest to Clary. There's also the fact that Clary killed a demon when he, a trained Shadowhunter, has never slain a demon of his own. 

2. It's revealed in chapter 7 that Clary's mother was indeed a Shadowhunter and part of the Clave. What do you think of Clary's reaction?

Beans' Thoughts:

I think Clary's reaction is perfectly understandable. If I found out my mom was keeping a secret like that my whole life I would be a little astounded and kinda pissed. Maybe I wouldn't throw myself through a magical Portal that could possibly kill me or strand me on a desert island but, hey, when you get upset people do crazy things. Then again, I'd definitely do that if there was the slightest chance I could find my mother.

And today's Character Spotlight is...Simon Lewis.
Full Name: Simon Lewis

Portrayed By: Robert Sheehan

Status: Mundane

Age: 16

Personality: Geek. Nerd. Bass player of garage band. Vegetarian since 10 years old. He also often quoted different "nerdy" things, like Dungeons and Dragons. Smart. Funny. Wears nerdy and funny shirts.

Family: His father died when Simon was young due to a heart attack. Mother is more prominent in later books, specifically City of Fallen Angels. Has an older sister, Rebecca.

Physical Appearance: Dark brown hair. Creamed coffee colored/rich brown eyes. Wears glasses. Described as "cute."

Love Interests: Clary Fray. Isabelle Lightwood.

Fun Fact: Simon met Clary at the age of six and became best friends. Since then he has harbored feelings for her for ten years. He plans to tell her but can't find the right time.

Quote:
"That's why when major badasses greet each other in movies, they don't say anything, they just nod. The nod means, 'I' am a badass, and I recognize that you, too, are a badass,' but they don't say anything because they're Wolverine and Magneto and it would mess up their vibe to explain."
--Simon, City of Bones
Simon! Simon is one of my favorite characters, if not my top favorite character. If that makes sense. I'm so excited to see Simon in the movie. He is just so funny. Whenever I read City of Bones, when Simon is in it I usually laugh out loud and I don't usually do that when I read. And Robert Sheehan. I didn't picture Simon exactly as him but he's not bad. Hopefully, he'll play a good Simon. I'm crossing my fingers.

What do you think of Simon? Is he not laugh out loud funny, or what? How about Robert Sheehan? What do you think of him?  
 photo b2signature_zps8268ed47.jpg

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At August 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

1. If this was my first time reading this book I wouldn't know that Alec is hostile towards Clary because of jealously. Since I have read the book I already know. If this was my first time reading this book I would of thought that Alec’s behavior towards Clary is rude. Alec was being like Clary said a “dickhead.” Hahaha!!!!! He was probably also rude because Clary killed a demon when Alec being a trained Shawdowhunter has not.
2. I think that Clary’s reaction is relatively plausible considering the fact that she found out about a different world and that her mom was a part of it. I would probably act the same as Clary did. I would also jump through the portal that takes you God knows where. Which is a little crazy but if my mother was missing I would do anything to find her including going through a strange portal.

 
At August 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

One of my favorite characters is Simon! Really cool spotlight character!!!!!!

 
At August 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM , Blogger Beans said...

Haha, good insight on the Alec thing. About the portal, yeah that would be me, too. :)

 
At August 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Beans said...

I love Simon, too! He is just so adorkable and funny! He's really easy to like.

 

Post a Comment

I absolutely want to read your comments. So post them! I read each and every comment and try to respond to every one of them. I want to know what you all think of my reviews, content, blog, and your interests too. If you want, post your website/blog and Goodreads profile along with your comment so I can check yours out. Please no spamming.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home